IMPORTANT: This is the original Hale-Bopp Norwegian Images website as it appeared on the World Wide Web in 1997 (under a different URL). Some links, etc. may not work correctly. The site will remain unchanged for historical purposes.
By Jarle Aasland
Hale-Bopp around the World
Comet Hyakutake (C/1996 B2 Hyakutake)
Hale-Bopp - the screensaver
Some of the most memorable Norwegian Hale-Bopp images are available in this Windows 95/NT screensaver.
Download your demo version today.
May 1997: Hale-Bopp is no longer visible from Stavanger, Norway. The images, however, will continue to be available on this site.
Location: Stavanger, Norway (Latitude: 58° 58' 12" North, Longtitude: 5° 45' 0" East)
- April 14 - April 17 (9 images)
- April 5 - April 6 (7 images)
- April 3 - April 4 (12 images)
- March 21 - March 29 (15 images)
- March 11 - March 20 (17 images)
- Viewing and Photography Hints & Tips for Comet Hale-Bopp
- Sky and Telescope: Comet Photography for Everyone
- Sky Online: Comet page
- NASA: Near live comet watching system
- NASA: Comet Hale-Bopp homepage ( Another mirror )
- Comet Hale-Bopp at www.halebopp.com
- Yahoo: Hale-Bopp
- Norsk Astronomisk Selskap
All images ©1997 Jarle Aasland
Top image on this page: March 14, 1997.
Nikon F4 with 50mm f/1.8, unguided exposure for approx. 30 seconds.
This image was featured as "Astronomy Picture of the Day" on April 3.
Most of the images on this page have also been published on JPL's Hale-Bopp homepage
and NASA's Near live comet watching system